Top menu navigation

Monday, May 5, 2014

Wrong side of the blue

And without warning, depression descends.

Had a pretty cool week, and then woke up Saturday with that old shadowy feeling. This happens to me every spring, and somehow I forget every year until it's bearing down on me.

I'm in the early stage, which means that, if this is me in a dark, dirty shack in the wilderness, I can still hear a muffled voice speaking to me through the greasy glass: it isn't true. You can get out.

It can feel like defeat, when after what is now bleeding into years of treatment, the color suddenly drains from my vision.

I see a therapist, I know how to deal with it. I am/will be okay. But I felt it was important to share here, in the spirit of being truthful about all of this experience. 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment