Top menu navigation

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Nuclear Winter

Today marks one year since finishing radiation. Last night, I dreamt that my onc told me I had to go back and have more, this time on my heart. I cried and cried.

When I told Matt this, he said, "Was it really that bad?" Yeah, it kinda was. It's not for everyone. Some people do very well. But my skin was not happy, and it rebelled. I still have the burn mark, though it's faded quite a bit.

I recently found a little green glass vase in my parents' garage. It's from my grandfather's collection of antiques. It turns out it's vaseline glass, aka uranium glass. It glows under ultraviolet light. It's radioactive. Not dangerous, because I guess it's only beta particles. I will keep it like a talisman.

2013

2014

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am approaching the anniversary of completing my radiation as well. I remember my skin not being just very red, but magenta. Not a good look for me. That was the only picture I took of myself. Thank you so much for your blog. It has come to mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does it feel coming up on one year? How is your skin now?

    Thank you for reading...it means a lot to be talking to someone (other than myself!)

    ReplyDelete