Top menu navigation

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beginning

Today was day one of radiation. I will go every weekday for the next six weeks or so, to get a dose a poison potent enough to kill any remaining cancer cells, but not quite strong enough to kill me.

Last week at my simulation I got tiny tattoos. The technician uses these tattoos to make sure I'm in the correct position each day. I don't feel the radiation zapping me, but they play this awful sound when the rays are undulating out, as if to say,"See you're getting your money's worth!"

I'm going to try to make a drawing a day during radiation, which I will complete while in the waiting room.

But for now I'm off to rub calendula ointment on my un-boob. Feel like I'm transitioning from science experiment to mythic monster...

No comments:

Post a Comment