Top menu navigation

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Carrying a Torch

Okay, so you know that Taylor Swift song We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together? (I've never actually heard it, I swear! I've just seen the title.) I'm beginning to think that my hair actually wrote that song about me. I know I'm less than a month out of chemo, but sometimes I get the sinking feeling that my hair is never coming back.

I guess I kind of deserve it, you know? I never paid it much attention. I hardly ever got it cut by a professional. I never blew it dry, didn't buy it any nice products. When my oncologist told me I would lose it, I said, "I don't care." That was probably the last straw.

I scrounged through many iPhoto libraries to find this, the prettiest picture of me and my hair. Don't we look happy together?


I don't want to brag, ya know, but just look at it. All golden and flowing and shit. And here's what I look like now:

Artist's rendering
Basically like a skinned Idaho potato. If you're out there, hair, come home to me. I promise I'll treat you right this time.

If anyone wants me, I'll be in my room...with this song on repeat, 8th grade style.



No comments:

Post a Comment