Top menu navigation

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Here we go again...


Again? Yes, again. This isn't my first rodeo. Not my first time time around the infusion room.

Most of you know that Matt is a cancer survivor. He was 27 and I was 24 when he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and went through the whole thing - surgery, chemo and radiation.

And I thought we were done, at least until I was old.

But, no. That's why I'm here now. I've got breast cancer. Was diagnosed in July, boobs chopped off in August, and chemo in September. Radiation and more surgery TBA.

I won't really go into the mind boggling details of my diagnoses. There's too much to explain, and it's too minute and boring for anyone who's not living it. Basically I had a bunch of teeny tumors hanging out in my breast. Just living their lives, dividing and reproducing, perfecting their plan for world domination. Except I got to them first. Idiots.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe how similar you and I are. My husband is also a cancer survivor - he got Hodgkin's Lymphoma when he was 25 - and then I got breast cancer at 32. When I am reading your blog, I feel like you are saying everything that I have been living, thinking and feeling. It is so brave of you to post this online. I took a bunch of photographs and posted them on Instagram, and I wrote a lot of things down, but I never shared them publically. Good for you for being so open and honest!

    ReplyDelete